We love the uniqueness of LM1 as a “family" type holiday for young people from P5 to S6. The wide age-range means that families can allow 2 or 3 of their children of different ages to come along!
Young people are accommodated in rooms and areas of the house according to their age group. They are placed in the same group as their friends and looked after by a group leader who soon gets to know them. We concentrate on getting it right for every child who comes and we cater for every possible variation in preferences of activities, diet, etc.
There are a number of things that we constantly make sure happen at LM1…
- There is a very wide choice of activity options presented to young people to choose from every day, none of which are compulsory, and these include challenging activities, relaxing activities, creative activities, social activities and sporting activities. Choice is important to us and we offer choices as close to the activity times as possible. From jigsaws and chess to go karting and high ropes.
- We aim to have a lively “Roadshow” every morning – an all together TV studio type event with messy games, challenges, chants, DVD clips and much more. It’s a very popular daily event which young people love being part of, and in which team members can be seen in a new light.
- We have a range of entertaining events during the week which are very popular, including a film night on the big screen, a ceilidh and games evening, an “X-Factor” type event, and some unique wide games all around the grounds.
- We take a theme every year and from the theme we design group names, themed activities and room decorations. We’ve had “Musicals”, “Lego”, Movies”, “Continents” and “Minions”. This year? We’ll decide in May!
- We have a day trip to Dundee, Perth, St. Andrews or Stirling for swimming, shopping, and other activities.
- Many of our team members keep coming back; some have married other team members. We have a core team who enjoy one another’s company and are good friends. They love to ensure that we have a lively, highly entertaining and exciting week so that a very high proportion of young people want to return in following years and can meet up at our annual reunion weekend in December.
For more information about this holiday, please contact:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call: 0141 352 7620
What can you do here?
- Adventure Golf
- Adventure Park
- Bungee Trampolines
- Disc Golf
- Go Karts
- High Ropes Course
- King Swing
- Low Ropes Course
- Off-Site Trip
- Raft Building
- Sports and Games
- Trail Biking
- Tree Climbing
Lendrick Muir is big, comfy, and easy to get to from all over the country. You can enjoy fast, furious outdoor stuff or chill with friends. Not to mention the acres and acres of outdoor space!
With 120 acres of grounds around the house, there is no shortage of space to enjoy the fantastic outdoor activities.
Lendrick Muir is an old country house that has been converted and extended to provide great accommodation for SU Holidays. You’ll sleep in dorms that range in size from 3 to 8 beds, depending on which area of the house you are in. The centre is organised into different units, so several events can be happening here at any one time. Larger holidays will use the whole centre, which can sleep up to 150 people - that's around 110 campers and 40 team. These large events are organised into smaller units, often with different age groups in each unit. There’s an enormous games hall for indoor sport (and inflatables!) as well as recreation areas with table tennis and pool tables, and plenty of space to relax and spend time with friends.
Lendrick Muir is near Kinross, with a beautiful setting in the Ochil hills. It’s right in the heart of Scotland, so it’s easy to get there. Glasgow and Edinburgh are both under an hour’s drive. The Borders, Dumfries and Aberdeen are all within 2 hours.