Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Store any personal data
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
- how many people have visited our website
- the type of device they are using
- how long they spend on the site
- the content they look at
This helps us to continuously improve our website. Analytics programs such as like Google Analytics tell us how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before. This helps us to put direct our resources towards developing our services for you, rather than spending on marketing. The data collected by Google is set to auto-delete after 14 months.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies. However, doing this will limit the functionality of our website, e.g. you won’t be able to log in to our online accounts for volunteers.
We aim to be clear, concise and transparent. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 0141 352 7603.
SU Holidays is a brand of SU Scotland.
What personal information does SU Holidays / Scripture Union Scotland collect about you/your child?
We securely store information you have provided to us, including:
- Information to make a provisional holiday booking for your child including
name, date of birth, gender, school year, school, special requirements, friends’ names, travel option and event requested
- Your contact information which allows us to communicate with you regarding a booking or brochure request which you have made via the website. This information includes name, address, telephone number; mobile number, how you heard about our holidays and email address.
This information may be collected via paper forms, or digitally, e.g. via our website, Mailchimp, or by email. We do not collect information without your permission. Data we already hold will be processed only for the purposes of legitimate interest.
We may also store some information not directly provided by you:
- Mail returns
Do we share your personal information?
SU Holidays will not share your personal information with third parties except:
- Where a third party is delivering postal communications such as @SU Magazine, or email communications like our monthly e-News. This information is only available to these partners to process those communications.
- When the event is being organised jointly between SU Holidays and a partner organisation.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is:
- necessary to comply with the law, e.g. Child Protection
- to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions
- to protect our rights and those of our users
Can I access any personal information you hold on me?
Access to your personal data is subject to GDPR. This is called a Subject Access Request. You can request access to this information at any time. You can request data is corrected, amended or removed, and can request that data is no longer processed.
You can submit a Subject Access Request by emailing email@example.com. You can also submit a request by post, to:
Data Protection Officer
Scripture Union Scotland
70 Milton Street
On receipt of this request, we will issue a form for you to complete and return to us. Once we have received your completed form, we will respond to your request within 30 calendar days.
On what basis can you contact me and retain my data?
We are using legitimate interest as the legal basis for holding our existing supporters' details, administering donations, keeping relevant records and contacting those who have indicated their wish to receive postal mailings. Our legitimate interests include furthering our charitable objectives and providing the service our supporters reasonably expect. We rely on explicit consent to send electronic newsletters and appeals to supporters who have indicated they are happy to receive these communications.
What options do I have?
Some information is necessary to provide services, e.g. your email address is needed if you want to receive communications by email, and health information is necessary for residential events.
Additional information may be required by law, e.g. age and driving license information is required to confirm eligibility to drive at SU events.
Other information is optional, but may affect our ability to communicate with you, or affect your ability to fully participate in our ministry.
Terms and Conditions, notices and revisions